Maybe we built a hive in your garage, or perhaps we stung you in an unsightly spot. We are truly sorry. We really had promised to be a kinder and gentler sort of WaSP. But then again some of my country’s presidents promised the same thing.
So let me wake up from my nap and tell you this: WaSP is buzzing about. Yes, as is typical to our nature, we stung a few folks while breaking out of our hive, but we’ve cooled off now, and look at all the stuff that’s going on as a result of recent activity:
- Acid2 Task Force. The acid2 test is for all web browsers seeking to check CSS 2 compliance. WaSP is hosting this test. Browsers, start your rendering engines . . . here we go!
- Macromedia Dreamweaver Task Force. The Macromedia Dreamweaver Task Force is revitalized and the focus is standards and accessibility all the way. Look forward to some amazing developments from Macromedia and this group.
- Assistive Device / Accessibility Task Force. The group whose time has been long overdue.
- Microsoft Task Force. Microsoft and WaSP representatives in a round-table discussion about the next generation of Microsoft software. Thank you, Robert Scoble.
- Emergent Technologies Study Group. A group of WaSPs are forming to study and report on emergent tech (oh, okay, and re-emergent stuff like XMLHttpRequest) and report back findings. Look for Drew McLellan, Simon Willison and others to be heading up this initiative.
Other groups at work at WaSP:
- The Mobile Task Force. Dedicated to documenting mobile and alternative device development.
- The CMS Task Force: An upcoming group documenting and working with CMS developers to assist in the support and implementation of web standards within CMS products.
What do you want to see at WaSP? Answer here.
Post a Reply
Comments are closed.