With a growing interest around the world in Web standards, international relationships are becoming key. WaSP is seeking to create an International Liaison Group for the sharing of Web standards related information worldwide.Skip to comment form
The Web Standards Project is formally putting together an International Liaison Group (ILG). This group will consist of individuals who live in and represent as many countries as possible to:
- Discuss with and inform the public about Web standards and accessibility issues as they relate to the practices and laws within your country and/or region
- Publish multilingual educational information
- Provide resources about Web standards through such outreach as blogs, books, articles, presentations, code, design, vision and leadership
- Internationalize relevant documents and resources for the public use
- Encourage and invigorate international discussion about the Web
- Study how the Web is and will be used in a global context
We currently have or are formalizing representation from Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and United States. If you are interested in volunteering, enjoy a challenge, have the time and the drive to be involved, please drop a note in comments.
Update: The ILG activity has gotten underway. Please contact ILG co-leaders directly if you would like to contribute.
- #1 On April 18th, 2006 3:32 pm