Mozilla is on a mission to set a Guinness World Record for the most software downloaded in 24 hours!Skip to comment form
Although the launch date of Firefox 3 has not yet been announced, Mozilla is making plans for a special Download Day when it does go live.
What will be so special about this day? Well, Mozilla is out to set a world record for the most software downloaded in a single day. To participate, all you need to do is download the final release of Firefox 3 on the designated day. You can pledge to download Firefox on Download Day, which will get you an e-mail reminder, just in case you don’t hear about the launch date.
Even if you’re not a Firefox fan — and c’mon, who among us isn’t? — it will be fun to take part in setting a world record. If you ask me, that’s some serious standards evangelism!
- #1 On May 29th, 2008 2:47 pm Joel Taylor replied:
- #2 On May 30th, 2008 12:18 pm Cory S.N. LaViska replied:
See you there :)
- #3 On May 30th, 2008 7:18 pm Vectorpedia(Rick) replied:
We are going to have a Firefox 3 download party on Facebook……..it should be exciting to be part of a world’s record for the most software downloads in 24 hours.
- #4 On June 1st, 2008 1:08 pm Sara replied:
What a great idea! Thumbs up to the marketing people of Mozilla. I would be very pleased taking part in such a funny world record.
- #5 On June 2nd, 2008 2:21 pm Anton replied:
It seems strange though, that there’s currently no mention of a record holder on Guinness, and that there’s no date.
I think we really need to know two things before this will make any sense:
1) What’s the goal to beat (because otherwise any number downloaded will become the “win” track), and
2) When are we supposed to do it?
Don’t get me wrong, I love Firefox – but let’s leave the publicity stunts to Microsoft, please.
- #6 On June 2nd, 2008 4:56 pm E.L.Leach replied:
Go for it, I’m in.
- #7 On June 3rd, 2008 7:31 pm Bier replied:
When will the german version be released?
- #8 On June 5th, 2008 3:49 am Boris replied:
I love Firefox and will participate. However, I’m really happy with this idea. Firefox guys should concentrate on features and on publicity!
- #9 On June 10th, 2008 9:02 am Bill replied:
I bet that’s going to be a sloooow download with everybody trying to do it at the same time. Hope their servers are ready for the flood!
- #10 On June 10th, 2008 4:59 pm Marc replied:
Is there somewhere where they will display statistics?
that would be cool, to be able to watch say live downloads. Kind of like Digg have that live function you can watch what others are digging.
Just something a bit cool.
personally I love firefox and will never use anything else. Until something better comes out, if that is possible.
- #11 On August 6th, 2008 1:19 pm Converse replied:
That’s the way… Mozilla!
Post a Reply
Comments are closed.