Accessibility genius Gez Lemon recently published An Introduction to WAI ARIA on Dev.Opera. Designed to work together with HTML 5 the Accessible Rich Internet Application Suite, published by the Web Accessibility Initiative, aims to make Ajax accessible to disabled people using screen-readers and is key to safeguarding accessibility in today’s increasingly dynamic web.
The article is now available in both Spanish and French.
- An Introduction to WAI ARIA, original article in English
- Introducción a WAI-ARIA, Spanish version translated by David Martin
- Introduction à WAI ARIA, French version translate by Pierre Bertet
Interested in translating it? Then contact Gez, he’d be happy to hear from you.
- #1 On December 10th, 2008 8:26 pm nortypig » Blog Archive » Introduction to WAI-ARIA replied:
[...] Swan on the Web Standards Project reports that Introduction to WAI-ARIA is now available in Spanish and [...]
- #2 On December 15th, 2008 9:07 pm Introducción a WAI-ARIA « edusanver - Blog de Desarrollo Web replied:
[...] Via: http://www.webstandards.org/2008/12/10/ introduction-to-wai-aria-available-in-spanish-and-french/ [...]
- #3 On January 8th, 2009 3:53 am Gamefox replied:
It would be nice if it is available in german…
Or is there still a german translation anywhere?
- #4 On January 12th, 2009 3:10 pm WaSP Member Henny Swan replied:
Hello Gamefox, to my knowledge there’s no German translation. It tends to be volunteers who donate their time to translate articles like this. That’s not to say there isn’t one out there and I’ll post about it if one pops up.
Post a Reply
Comments are closed.