Mark-up for the web
Information about the correct usage of mark-up on your web pages.
- HTML 4.01 Specification
- Getting started with HTML – a simple guide to the basic elements
- Web Design Group HTML 4 Reference
- XHTML 1.0 Recommendation
- XHTML 1.1 Working Draft
- Beginner tutorial – for absolute beginners, described as an HTML tutorial but uses XHTML throughout.
- The big picture on Microformats – Digital Web article
- Microformats: More meaning for your mark-up
- W3 Validator – validate your web pages.
General web design /development resources sites
The Web Standards Project is a grassroots coalition fighting for standards which ensure simple, affordable access to web technologies for all.